5 Tips on Packing Light for a Trip
Hi everyone! Tomorrow I leaving for Cabo and I know that I need to pack light. When I went to Santa Barbara I saw that I didn't use all of the things I packed with me and my luggage was heavy. If you are planning on a trip soon, I hope this will help you out!
1) ALWAYS check the weather before you go. You don't want to pack shorts and a top and have the place you are going to be cold & vise versa, you don't want to pack winter clothes when it is hot where you are traveling to. It is OK to pack a couple summer and winter clothes just in case, just DON'T grab too much.
2) When it comes to makeup, I tend to pack foundation, eyeshadow, bronzer, blush, mascara, contour, highlight, lip, etc. I realized when I went to Santa Barbara, I only wore a lip product and none of the other stuff. THINK, what would you ACTUALLY wear and not what you WANT to pack. There is a difference between actually wear and want. If you don't wear that actual makeup product everyday, would you actually wear it on a trip? Everyday I wear a lip product and concealer and none of the other stuff mentioned in the first sentence. For Cabo, I am only going to bring 1 mascara, 3 top lip products, and 1 concealer. If you REALLY want to bring the stuff you don't wear often, get/bring sample sizes so they don't fill up your bag. I have a sample bronzer, highlight, primer, moisturizer, eyeshadow primer, and blush that I bring with me on trips just in case. They don't make deluxe samples of concealer, foundation, and eyeshadow, I get it, this is ok to bring a full size if you want. Bring what is NECESSARY and not what you WANT.
3) This also applies to clothes and jewelry, bring what you would ACTUALLY wear and NOT what is cute and you would NOT wear.
4) PLAN out your clothes for each day. This will help you sort out what IS necessary and NOT necessary to bring with you. It will also help you not overpack too many clothes and fill up your luggage immediately. (If you don't know what you're going to wear each day and want to bring options, ROLL your clothes up. This will help you store more clothes. Also, it will keep your clothes from becoming wrinkled. Picture below will show what I mean).
5) If you need everything you pack and decide you want to pack one other bag than your carry-on (I am bringing my tote bag as a carry-on and packing my clutch for the trip), you can either place the smaller bag inside the bigger bag, or take clothes out of your luggage and toiletries and place inside the bag your are packing. You will then, place the filled bag into your luggage and it should fit. The image below shows what I mean.
If you have any tips, leave them in the comments below so myself and anyone else who reads the post can use your tip for future trips!
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!