Hi everyone! A month back I got the chance to try out the new Maybelline Dewy + Smooth Foundation free from Influenster. If you have seen some of my other reviews, I have partnered with Influenster on, then you are familiar on what Influenster is. If you are new, welcome! Influenster is a site for influencers and non-influencers who are interested in receiving free products to post on social media and on their blog if applicable.
I was really excited to get an email from them mentioning that I would be receiving this foundation to test out and share with y'all. If you have read my other makeup posts, you would know that the Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation is my holygrail! It is perfect for sports, dance, cheer, or just wearing out and about. Sooo... as you can see, I had high expectations for this foundation. Guess what, sadly it did not exceed my expectations. The first time I tried this Dewy + Smooth Foundation, I LOVED it, but after a couple more times, I started to change my opinion.
Here are some pros and cons for you.
1. Once I applied the foundation, it made my face look really oily and greasy. I know it's supposed to make your face look dewy, but it was almost like it was too dewy, if that makes sense.
2. It felt heavy on the skin. Usually when I wear dewy foundations, it feels lightweight, but this did not. It actually felt like I was wearing makeup on my face. That may seem crazy, but what I love about the Matte + Poreless one is that it was very lightweight and I cannot feel the foundation on my skin.
3. This foundation made it hard to layer other products on top such as concealer. It felt like the concealer, my "go-to" Maybelline Fit Me, moved the foundation around and made it hard to blend out. Once I applied powder, that seemed to help a bit.
Middle of the Road- Pro + Con:
1. It is best applied with a Beauty Blender. I started to like brushes to blend out my foundation lately, but when applied with a brush, it moved around too much and felt very heavy and greasy. With a Beauty Blender, it sucks up some of the extra product so it isn't as heavy as with a brush.
1. Had amazing coverage. For a dewy foundation, I would say this was medium to full coverage. Don't know if I would build it up due to the heaviness, but with one coat, it covered up well.
2. You can hide some of the excess dewiness with some powder. You will see some dewiness coming through, but not as bad as before applying powder. I don't recommending applying layers of powder because that will make your face feel cakey and heavy. So.. apply a normal amount to your skin. No need to add more than you usually do.
Overall, this is a foundation I would say you need to test out for yourself. I have normal to combo skin, and if you feel like you may have the same skin type as I do, then I would skip, unless you want to give it a whirl yourself that is totally up for you. If you are going to skip and want to test out the Fit Me collection, I would recommend the Maybelline Matte+Poreless, as well as the concealer version. If you want a dewy foundation that is also drugstore, go for the L'oreal Infallible Pro Glow- it has light to medium coverage and does not look greasy or feel heavy.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed!